OLIVE PRESS columnist Tancrede de Pola at The Finance Bureau offers his top tips…
• Better deals are to be had through your broker than the internet
• Avoid flashy advertising which is often misleading
• Quotes can only be compared on the same day due to market changes
• Watch out for incomplete terms and conditions
• Don’t rush: If you are offered a quote without giving over all your details, be aware!
• Make sure you keep up with all existing mortgage and loan payments
• Improve your credit score by putting all expenditure on a credit card and paying it off in full each month
• In the twelve weeks before you apply for a loan, run your bank account as if you already have a mortgage
• Make sure you are registered on the Electoral Roll at home
• Ensure you have a good estate agent, a good mortgage broker and a good lawyer.
Sharing is caring!