Date of birth: 27 years
Languages: English, Spanish
Where/City: Barcelona, Spain
About Me: Good morning/afternoon
My name is Jack Giles and I’m a freelance translator working in the language combinations of Spanish and Catalan into English. Having looked at your website, I am writing to you today to enquire about the possibility of establishing a working collaboration with your company. I hold a master’s degree in Professional Translation and Interpreting and a bachelor’s degree in Spanish and Politics. I have been working as a professional translator for 4 years, working on the translation, revision and post-edition of projects in the language combinations mentioned above.
To date, most of my translation work has revolved around the following sectors:
• Life Sciences (ICF/PIS, SAE reports, IEC correspondence, clinical trial documents and comparative reviews)
• Travel and tourism (Blog posts, website articles, hotel brochures and MICE literature)
• Marketing and advertising (e.g. PPE, skincare treatment and pet food brochures; translation of websites for various translation agencies)
• Sports (transcription and translation of post-match pitch side interviews)
• General texts (press releases, internal emails, general correspondence)
I have also translated cleaning validation reports for pharmaceutical companies, spare part manuals for car manufacturers and internal training programmes for staff.
I use MemoQ (version 2015) to translate projects locally on my computer, but I also regularly use XTM, Smartling and other online translation platforms to carry out tasks for certain clients. I also have the full Microsoft Office package.
If you feel that your company could benefit from the services of a reliable, hard-working and dedicated translator of Spanish and Catalan into English, I would be delighted to discuss the next steps of this application.
Please find attached my CV for your reference.
Cost of services per hour: 20